– Nigerians will have to deal with living with coronavirus for at least one year.
– NCDC Boss, Chikwe Ihekweazu predicts.
– He also stated that this is becoming a reality which Nigerian hospitals must accept.
The director-general of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Chikwe Ihekweazu, has come out to say that the reality of the novel coronavirus in the country is that which will likely be around for at least one year.
Ihekweazu made this known during the Presidential Task Force (PTF) briefing on Covid-19 in Abuja on Friday, July 24, The Nation reports.
He also stated that it will be best for hospitals in the country to live with the reality instead of driving away patients that are in dire need of medical attention.
He said: “This message is for hospitals in the country. We have to live with this disease for at least one year at its very best, so we can’t turn our patients away.”
Ihekweazu said that this is because the agency’s testing capacity for the virus, due to available technology, cannot make for quick release of test results.
NCDC’s director-general admitted: “The technology that we have for testing, even if it works optimally, cannot provide us a test as quickly as possible.”
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.06.13NEWSTope Alabi under fire for publicly criticising the song of a fellow gospel artist (video)
- 2021.06.13NEWSNewscaster expresses disappointment after President Buhari’s democracy day speech (Watch Video)
- 2021.06.13NEWSIsrael Adesanya Defeats Vettori
- 2021.06.13NEWSCynthia Morgan Speaks up, It Is Too Late To Kill Me Now’