Executive Governor of Benue State, Mr. Samuel Ortom, recently gave a suggestion that Nigerians should be allowed to carry AK-47 rifles due to the security challenges faced in some parts of the country.
The governor held his stand while briefing journalists in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
He insisted that Nigerians need to be licenced to bear AK-47 rifles for self-protection and defence, in view of the general insecurity in the country.
“I am not a security expert but as governor I receive briefings and I was able to do my independent investigation and knew that these people (armed herdsmen/bandits) are coming for an agenda.
Nigerians must wake up. If we don’t wake up we will all be consumed.
“I heard people complaining that Ortom called for Nigerians to be allowed to carry sophisticated weapons and that it would bring about anarchy.
“What about the Fulani herdsmen who are carrying AK-47 rifles and kidnapping innocent Nigerians, raping our women and destroying our villages and towns and becoming a terror to us.
“How about them? Why can’t we collect these sophisticated weapons from them? How many of them have been arrested? “I am aware that some of them have been apprehended but majority of them are still there with these AK-47.
“This is a suggestion that the federal government should take up seriously because in America people are licensed to carry sophisticated weapons but life is still going on. He said.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.01.19NEWSUganda Experience Brought me Closer To Tems, Omah Lay Says How it happened (Watch Video)
- 2021.01.19NEWSDon’t Be A Liability, Men Are Getting Smart, Tacha gives Advises to Ladies (Watch Video)
- 2021.01.18NEWSReno Omokri Says, Preaching Against Drinking Of Alcohol Is Unscriptural
- 2021.01.18NEWSAsisat Oshoala, Nigeria and Barcelona footballer Loses Stepmother