Executive Governor of Oyo State, Mr Seyi Makinde has come out to deny airing rumours about him having a rift with HRM Oba Saliu Adetunji, the Olubadan of Ibadanland.
He made the statement clear after some individuals believed he was against the installment of Yekini Abass as Babaloja of Oyo State by the Olubadan.
According to Tribune, the governor said there can not be any rift amidst them, and if there is, they’d settle it like father and son.
He further said the decision by the monarch remains valid and is duly supported by him.
He also said he has respect for elders and they won’t hold their respective positions for ever.
“I want to say here that since Kabiyesi has taken such a decision, it is confirmed by the government as well. Kabiyesi cannot make a decision and we will overturn it.
“Those who are fond of peddling negative news about the Oyo state government and what we are doing in the state are saying there is rancour between Kabiyesi and me.
“Let me say this again that I was brought up responsibly and I will never disrespect elders. Whoever becomes governor should know that the position expires in four years, and if he wishes to seek reelection, he must come back to tell the people,” Makinde said.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.01.20NEWSFG announces final deadline for NIN registration, blocking of SIM cards
- 2021.01.20NEWSSee What Happened to Woman While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge ( Photos)
- 2021.01.20NEWSHow Her Son Escaped From Abeokuta Tanker Explosion, Actress Omowunmi Ajiboye
- 2021.01.20NEWSIK Ogbonna’s Ex-Wife Sonia Shares her Photo she take For Birthday, Such a beautiful pictures