During the Presidential Taskforce Briefing, Minister Of Aviation, Hadi Sirika spoke about the guidelines released for the full opening of Airports across the country.
He noted that all COVID-19 tests should have been ready 3 days before the day of departure.
He also spoke about the need for passengers to be screened for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms before allowed to board international flights.
“All intending travellers to Nigeria must have tested negative for COVID-19 by PCR in country of departure before boarding. This has not changed,”
“The PCR test must be within four days before departure and we prefer 72 hours pre-boarding and note that in certain countries, the PCR test will only be accepted from identified laboratories.
“Tests done more than four days before departure are not valid. This is very important. And persons will not be allowed to board; but for the 72-hours minimum, this is advisory and will not preclude boarding.” Hadi said.
He revealed that all travellers must register online with the Nigeria International travel portal.
“Prior to boarding, passengers are requested to upload their COVID-19 PCR negative results on to the national payment portal and bring along an electronic or hard copy of the result for presentation at the airport,”
“At the time of boarding, all travellers will undergo thermal screening for fever and questioned for symptoms of COVID-19. Passengers with COVID-19 related signs and symptoms will not be allowed to board the flight and airlines must only board passengers with negative COVID-19 test results that were done within the stipulated 96 hours before boarding.
“Airlines that board passengers without a negative COVID-19 PCR test, or test result of more than 96 hours prior to boarding, will be sanctioned.” Sirika said.
Meanwhile, Domestic flights resumed in July, and then the International air space would be reopened on 5th September, 2020.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.01.22MUSIC(MUSIC) MaXimo – Good Vibes ft. Oyinkanade
- 2021.01.20NEWSFG announces final deadline for NIN registration, blocking of SIM cards
- 2021.01.20NEWSSee What Happened to Woman While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge ( Photos)
- 2021.01.20NEWSHow Her Son Escaped From Abeokuta Tanker Explosion, Actress Omowunmi Ajiboye