The President’s wife, Aisha Buhari, on Wednesday, unveiled the Gender Policy for the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) to promote gender mainstreaming in the nation’s armed forces.
Mrs Buhari, who was represented by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Women Affairs and Administration, Dr Hajo Sani, commended the military for taking step towards actualising gender mainstreaming in the armed forces.
She said that the policy had the propensity of opening up opportunities not only for the female personnel but also for the children aspiring to join the military.
According to her, the policy has set the stage for every woman in the AFN to begin to play a significant role in the defence of the nation from all forms of security challenges that confront Nigeria.
“It is on record that women and girls exert more efforts than the men and boys to prove their competence in many chosen areas of endeavour including the military.
“Therefore, the Armed Forces of Nigeria has set itself up to benefit maximally from the abundant innate capacities and capabilities women and children possess.
“It is also heartwarming that with this giant step, the Armed Forces of Nigeria is encouraged to ensure that the large part of the population contributes to the task of defending the country against its enemies,” she said.
She said that one of the cardinal focus of her Future Assured Programme under Aisha Buhari Foundation was the quest for gender inclusiveness and increased participation of women in decision-making processes.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.07.24NEWSSuspected Internet Fraudster Runs Mad in Aba; See What Police Discovered in His Benz (Watch Video)
- 2021.07.24NEWSEx-banker, wife and mother-in-law bag 60 years jailterm for stealing depositors’ fund
- 2021.07.24NEWSMinister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola asks Governors to sign death warrant of over 3,000 condemned inmates
- 2021.07.24NEWSObi Cubana’s Source Of Income Is Nobody’s Business – Actor, Emeka Ike Blows Hot