Febuary 12, 2022 Now Fixed For FCT Area Councils’ Poll – INEC
The elections into the six area councils of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has now been fixed by The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to February 12, 2022.
FCT is the only part of the country where INEC is responsible for the conduct of the Local Council election.
Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, in a statement yesterday, disclosed that the three-year tenure of the six chairmen and 62 councillors would expire in May 2022.
“By virtue of Section 108(1) and (3) and 113(1)(a) and (b) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended), election into all area councils shall be held on the same date and time throughout the FCT. This shall take place, not before 150 days and not later than 30 days to the expiration of the term of office of the last holder of that office.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.07.29NEWSHe Will Kill Me With His Big M*Nhood – Lady Speaks After Rejecting Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal (VIDEO)
- 2021.07.29NEWSFull Of Kyari’s Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him
- 2021.07.29NEWSThis Is Why I Signed ‘Fireboy DML’ – YBNL Boss, Olamide
- 2021.07.29VIDEO(VIDEO) Omah Lay – Understand