Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn’t Know The Limits Of His Powers
Governor Nyesom Wike has explained why he sacked his Commissioner for Environment, Dr. Igbiks Tamuno.
Wike who explained the reason behind the sack while signing contracts for Trans-Kalabari Road project phase one and Saakpenwa-Bori -Kono Road project phase two at the Government House, Port Harcourt, said Tamuno wrote construction giant Julius Berger, to stop work in the entire state without his approval.
The Governor also disclosed that the sacked commissioner never interfaced with the Ministry of Works before writing the letter.
“I don’t know how a commissioner can write to a company to stop work without my approval. And Julius Berger in that matter, to stop construction in the entire State, I have never heard of such thing before. I didn’t know that commissioners have so much power like that.
“I’m saying it because some of you don’t even know the limits of your power. These are contractors working for the state government.
“He (Tamuno) never interfaced with the Ministry of Works. We have paid Julius Berger and you ask them to stop work, so that they will come and ask for variation later?
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.07.23NEWSCourt convicts son, mother and girlfriend for $902,935 internet fraud in Asaba
- 2021.07.23MOVIE(YORUBA MOVIE) THIS IS US Latest Yoruba Movie 2021 Drama
- 2021.07.23NEWSBenin Court Gives Update After Sunday Igboho Appeared In Court Today
- 2021.07.23NEWSIn Adamawa a Man beats his wife to death over N1000 (Watch Video)