Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months – NCC Disclose
According to information gathered from PUNCH reports it was made know that the Nigerian Communications Commission NCC just disclose that Nigerians will have to submit the International Mobile Equipment Identity of their phones to it from July.
The regulatory body said this in the commission’s Revised National Identity Policy for SIM Card Registration.
The NCC’s move to start the implementation of the Device Management System (a Centralised Equipment Identity Register) is backed by the President Muhammadu Buhari, PUNCH reports.
A portion of the policy said, “Accordingly, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, has directed that the Device Management System should be implemented within three months.”
The NCC said, “With the aim to curtail the counterfeit mobile phone market, discourage mobile phone theft, enhance National Security, protect consumer interest, increase revenue generation for the government, reduce the rate of kidnapping, mitigate the use of stolen phones for crime, and facilitate blocking or tracing of stolen mobile phones and other smart devices, one of the means to achieve this is through the deployment of Device Management System.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.10.20NEWSShatta Wale Arrested After he was free from hospital check it out why he was arrested
- 2021.10.19NEWSPopular Nigerian OAP Dotun Said Tiwa Savage boyfriend is a suspect, Check out his Opinion
- 2021.10.19NEWSTeebillz Reacts To Leaked S*x Tape Of Ex-Wife, Tiwa Savage
- 2021.10.19NEWSIt Will Take A Long Time For Me To See Tiwa In A Different Light” – Daddy Freeze Reacts To Tiwa S*tape