MURIC Speak out, Don’t give presidential slot to a Christian Yoruba candidate, that will be sentencing Muslims in Yorubaland to life of perpetual slavery
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has warned against giving the presidential slot to a Christian Yoruba candidate ahead of the 2023 general election.
The Muslim group which warned that any political party which gives a presidential slot to a Christian candidate in the South West will lose woefully, also claimed that giving such position to a Yoruba Christian is to sentence Muslims in Yorubaland to a life of perpetual slavery.
Director of MURIC, Prof. Ishaq Akintola who further lamented over an alleged marginalization of Muslims in the Southwest, accused Christians of not learning the art of living and letting live.
The statement read;
“One, Yoruba Christians do not give their Muslim neighbours their Allah-given fundamental human rights. Examples abound in the way female Muslim children are persecuted in Yoruba schools, particularly over hijab and their refusal to allow their fellow Yoruba Muslims to apply civil Shariah which does not affect Christians in any way. We are reluctant to come under the presidency of people who do not respect our civil liberties.
“We, therefore, reiterate our position: on Yoruba Muslim president, we stand unless the presidency is not zoned to the South West. To give the position to a Yoruba Christian is to sentence Muslims in Yorubaland to a life of perpetual slavery. Our Christian neighbours have not learnt the art of living and letting live.
“Therefore, our message to the political parties is this: any party that gives the presidential slot to a Christian candidate in the South West will lose woefully.”
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.06.13NEWSTope Alabi under fire for publicly criticising the song of a fellow gospel artist (video)
- 2021.06.13NEWSNewscaster expresses disappointment after President Buhari’s democracy day speech (Watch Video)
- 2021.06.13NEWSIsrael Adesanya Defeats Vettori
- 2021.06.13NEWSCynthia Morgan Speaks up, It Is Too Late To Kill Me Now’