I Want All Fulanis On Yoruba Land To Leave” – Igboho Says As He Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Killer Herdsmen In South West
In a bid to regulate social and online media, the House of Representatives has been asked by the Federal government to amend the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) act.
This came weeks after Twitter operation in Nigeria was suspended by the Nigerian government.
The request was made by the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed on June 16 during a public hearing organized by the house committee on information, national orientation, ethics and values on a bill to amend the NBC act.
(1) The Commission shall have [the] responsibility of: Receiving, processing and considering applications for the establishment, ownership or operation of radio and television stations including (i) cable television services, direct satellite broadcast and any other medium of broadcasting.”
Lai Mohammad requested for the commission to be allowed to regulate and monitor other social media platforms including Twitter.
“I want to add here specifically that internet broadcasting and all online media should be included in this because we have a responsibility to monitor contents, including Twitter.”
This appeal comes days after NBC asked all social media platforms and online broadcasting service providers operating in Nigeria to apply for a broadcast license.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.07.29NEWSHe Will Kill Me With His Big M*Nhood – Lady Speaks After Rejecting Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal (VIDEO)
- 2021.07.29NEWSFull Of Kyari’s Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him
- 2021.07.29NEWSThis Is Why I Signed ‘Fireboy DML’ – YBNL Boss, Olamide
- 2021.07.29VIDEO(VIDEO) Omah Lay – Understand