Those Waiting For Nigeria To Break Up Will Be Sorely Disappointed – Osinbajo
Following the different calls for secession in the country, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that those calling for Nigeria to break up will be sorely disappointed.
The Vice President said this at the maiden edition of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Progressives Youth Conference on Monday June 21.
Osinbajo added that in the area of disruption and disruptive innovation, the principle that we are stronger together than in little part is a sound principle and he is of the view that those advocating for the country to disintegrate are terribly wrong.
“In the area of disruption and disruptive innovation, the principle that we are stronger together than in little part is a sound principle and it is my respectful view that those who advocate the breaking up of the country are terribly wrong.
Our size is crucial for geopolitical and economic relevance. Our people will be better served by a large populous and diverse country. As with all big and diverse countries, our business is to make this union work; it is to give everybody a sense of belonging.
“All of those waiting on the sidelines, hoping that this big country called Nigeria will break up into bits so that they can pick up the pieces, will be very sorely disappointed and I am very sure that those of you who are seated here today will prevent that from happening.”
Acknowledging the need for all Nigerians to be guaranteed a fair chance at improving their human condition, Osinbajo urged young Nigerians to be a part of conversations that will ensure this.
“I am also frankly not very impressed with the notion that the role and power of young people are somehow postponed until elders have gone, or that there’s some kind of generational queue that to which we all must subscribe.
“Even if that was true at some point, today, that notion stands on very weak legs indeed.”
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.09.20NEWSSuspected ritualists kill 16-year-old girl, chop off her body parts
- 2021.09.20NEWSInstagram reportedly says Hushpuppi can continue using his account
- 2021.09.20NEWSI Was Already Tired Of All The Reality Show Stuff” – Saskay Speaks After Eviction
- 2021.09.20NEWSSanwo-Olu Signs Anti-Open Grazing Bill