EndSARS, Panel awards N10m to Kolade Johnson’s family
The Lagos judicial panel has awarded the sum of N10 million to the family of one of the many victims of police extrajudicial killing, Kolade Johnson.
Johnson was shot during a raid by police officers at Onipetesi area in Lagos, while watching an English premiership match between Tottenham and Manchester United on March 31, 2019.
The Lagos state police command later identified the trigger-happy officers as Ogunyemi Olalekan, a police inspector, and Godwin Orji, a sergeant. Following an orderly trial, Olalekan was dismissed from the force after he was found guilty, while Orji was acquitted.￼
Shortly after the ENDSARS judicial panel was constituted by the Lagos state government, the family of the deceased wrote a petition demanding justice.
At the resumed hearing of the panel today, the chairman of the panel, Justice Doris Okuwobi, announced the award of N10 million compensation to the family. The award sum was received by the mother of the deceased.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.09.20NEWSSuspected ritualists kill 16-year-old girl, chop off her body parts
- 2021.09.20NEWSInstagram reportedly says Hushpuppi can continue using his account
- 2021.09.20NEWSI Was Already Tired Of All The Reality Show Stuff” – Saskay Speaks After Eviction
- 2021.09.20NEWSSanwo-Olu Signs Anti-Open Grazing Bill