UK To Intervene Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest
The British High Commission has revealed it is working out ways to provide consular assistance to Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra.
This comes after he was arrested by the federal government.
The British Commission while reacting to the arrest of Kanu, who’s a British citizen says it is “in the process of seeking clarification” from the federal government.
Dean Hurlock, a spokesperson of the British High Commission, disclosed this in a message sent to TheCable on Wednesday.
Kanu, who is also a British citizen, was arrested on Sunday and extradited to Nigeria to face trial for alleged treason.
Abubakar Malami, the attorney-general of the federation (AGF), said on Tuesday that the IPOB leader was “intercepted through the collaborative efforts of Nigerian intelligence and Security Services.”
He did not state where the separatist leader was arrested, but TheCable learnt that Kanu, who is based in the UK, was lured to an African country with a promise of cash donations and was then picked up.
In the message shared with TheCable, Hurlock said the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office “stands ready to provide consular assistance”.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.07.29NEWSHe Will Kill Me With His Big M*Nhood – Lady Speaks After Rejecting Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal (VIDEO)
- 2021.07.29NEWSFull Of Kyari’s Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him
- 2021.07.29NEWSThis Is Why I Signed ‘Fireboy DML’ – YBNL Boss, Olamide
- 2021.07.29VIDEO(VIDEO) Omah Lay – Understand