Nollywood actor and director, Omogoriola Hassan, is currently in trouble for parading himself as the Oba of Imobi, in Ijebu-East Local Government Area of Ogun State.
Hassan, who is actress Ayo Adesanya’s ex-husband, received congratulatory messages on Facebook after he began parading himself as the new king of Uba land, Imobi Kingdom.
He even created an “official” Instagram account where his bio reads: “His Royal Majesty Alayeluwa ilufemiloye I, The Aje of UBA kingdom.”
Via the IG account, he posted photos of himself dressed as a king and meeting with members of his community.
His actions caught the attention of the Ogun State House of Assembly and they threatened to order his arrest should he fail to appear before it on August 17, 2021.
The Ogun Assembly Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, said on Tuesday, August 10, that Hassan had earlier failed to honour an invitation sent to him by the lawmakers.
The petition, it was gathered, bordered on his purported claim to the Obaship stool of Imobi-Ijebu.
Meanwhile, the committee has ordered Hassan to stop parading himself as a traditional ruler in Imobi.
He was also asked to appear before the House Committee with all the 36 Baales (local chiefs) under the community.
“Failure to honour the invitation would result in the issuance of an arrest warrant to all invitees, especially Goriola Hassan, who failed to honour an earlier invitation extended to him by the Assembly,: the committee chairman had said.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.09.20NEWSSuspected ritualists kill 16-year-old girl, chop off her body parts
- 2021.09.20NEWSInstagram reportedly says Hushpuppi can continue using his account
- 2021.09.20NEWSI Was Already Tired Of All The Reality Show Stuff” – Saskay Speaks After Eviction
- 2021.09.20NEWSSanwo-Olu Signs Anti-Open Grazing Bill