Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk has extended his contract with the club until the summer of 2025.
The Netherlands captain, 30, joined Liverpool from Southampton for £75m in January 2018 and was due to be out of contract in June 2023.
Van Dijk made his comeback to first-team action in pre-season after nine months out with a serious knee injury sustained in October’s Merseyside derby
All the hard work we’ve put in so far continues and I am looking forward to what the future brings together with Liverpool. I’m delighted, very happy and proud,” Van Dijk said.
Since day one when I joined the club, I felt so much appreciation from the fans and from my teammates and the staff, that I could be a very important member of this football club,” said van Dijk, who has also won the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup with Liverpool.
“It has been going well; unfortunately last season for me personally has been a season to forget, to learn from and take with me, but I have enjoyed my time here and will keep enjoying it in the next couple of years altogether with all of you.”
Van Dijk’s signing comes after Alisson, Fabinho, and Trent Alexander-Arnold in committing to a new deal at Anfield ahead of the new season.
The centre-back has made 130 appearances in all competitions, scoring 13 goals, for the Reds since his arrival at the club.
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Btbazes.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2021.09.20NEWSSuspected ritualists kill 16-year-old girl, chop off her body parts
- 2021.09.20NEWSInstagram reportedly says Hushpuppi can continue using his account
- 2021.09.20NEWSI Was Already Tired Of All The Reality Show Stuff” – Saskay Speaks After Eviction
- 2021.09.20NEWSSanwo-Olu Signs Anti-Open Grazing Bill